What to expect at your cleaning visit:
Prophylaxis or Periodontal Scaling and Root Planing
Sealants (If needed)
Dental Exam by Dr White
6 things a dental cleaning can do for you
1. Prevent cavities. The whitish film that builds up on your teeth is called plaque and is the leading cause of tooth decay. This acidic substance eats away at the tooth enamel and, if left unattended, can lead to cavities. Plaque can be removed by brushing, flossing and dental cleanings.
2. Stop tooth loss. Gum disease, which starts with built-up plaque, is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. As gum disease advances, plaque moves further down the tooth where it can destroy the supporting bone in your jaw, causing teeth to loosen and fall out. Luckily, the chance of this happening to you can be greatly reduced through regular dental cleanings combined with good oral hygiene habits.
3. Brighten your smile. Drinking coffee, tea and wine or using tobacco can stain your teeth. A dental cleaning can remove built-up stains and leave you with freshly polished teeth. The result? A whiter, brighter smile!
4. Freshen your breath. Good oral hygiene is the best way to prevent persistent bad breath. Even if you brush and floss regularly, getting a cleaning is a great way to keep your mouth healthy and odor-free.
5. Boost your overall health. Studies have shown a connection between oral and overall health. Regular dental cleanings may help lower your risk for some diseases, like heart disease and stroke. Many medical conditions, some of them life-threatening, can be detected in their early stages by your dentist during a routine oral exam.
6. Save money. If you take care of your smile now you will be able to save money in the long run by helping to protect your oral health and potentially avoiding more costly and extensive procedures.
For these advantages and more, make an appointment with White Smiles General Dentistry today. (850)912-8877
Call or send us a message to schedule an appointment.